15 Sept 2005
On the road to Oslo (My InterRail Review) EPISODE 2

When it was almost 10 past midnight… (our train should have left at 00:21) a delay of 1 hour was announced! - Fanculo! (dirty words have another taste in your mother language!) What’s happening today!!!- «Oh God, no! This means that we won’t be in Verona in time to catch the train to München! Oh fucking shit! We are going to lose any train we have planned to take! Oh shit!»
So Benedetta’s father bring us back to Milano Centrale to ask what (the fuck) was going on. When we arrived in the station we noticed that *our* train was there!
Another mistake of *my good fella* of the box office in La Spezia! Why he told me to go to Milano Lambrate from Milano Centrale when my train starts its route in Milano Centrale only God knows! No matter, I had the chance to find out how many *pretty-faces* are in the underground of Milan close to midnight!
...mmm...
...brrr!

However the train conductor told us that, even if the train was there, it couldn’t leave until another special train was arrived. Basically a train that was going from Novara to Milan had derailed in Rho station, so *our* train had to wait people from that station, because it was the last train of the night.
So very sad (but no longer angry) we set on the train and waited… wondering:
–what the fuck shall we do in Verona at 3 o’clock?-
The train left at 01:20 but during the trip the tickets-controller asked us if we had to take the train to München…  A ray of light!!!
«YES! Is there a chance? Is it waiting us?»
No, no chance to catch it… obviously a Euro City could not wait 1 hour a fucking Local Train that stops in any remote little station of Padan Valley! But they were trying to let us reach to München any way.
Basically there was another train to München, coming from Naples, that supposed to not stop in Verona but it was going to stop just to wait us.
 –Thanks God, I love you!-
And so it was! We took that train at 03:10. No seat reserved (actually they were empty in the other train!) so we had to find a place to stay hoping nobody came to claim for it.
We found two seats, mine was between a weird Australian fat old man who kept eating cips and drinking wines all the night, and a nice but as soft as an elephant (do you say this in English?) black girl who kept pushing her bum against me...

...basically I was sitting in a half seat!
It was kind of funny though, 'specially because of the Australian man! I woke up at 6-something and I saw the sun rising up from the Alps, and he was awake, too (I told you he kept eating and drinking all night long, didn't I?) so we started to chat (in Italian), that's why I know he's Australian. He told me he have been living in Italy for 15 years (but he speaks a terrible Italian)
He aked me if I came from Florence.
«Florence? Huh, no... but I don't live so far from.»
He replied:«Strange! Every girl named Ilaria that I've met came from Florence.» -Hum?!? Oh my...-
However we arrived in München in time to take the train to Hamburg and all the others.
Everything worked fine util we arrived in Malmö... it was 22-something and we should have taken a train to Oslo, but we didn't have the reservation, so we could not take it and we had to stop in Göteborg.
The weird thing was that the train was the same! But we had to get off in Göteborg because only couchette carriages continued to Oslo

 
posted by Laila at September 15, 2005 | Permalink |


0 Comments: